One of my new favorite things are overnight oats and this recipe is too good not to share! I love overnight oats because they are easy to make, nutrient-dense and are perfect to grab in the morning for a quick breakfast. Many Moms feel like oats can contribute to a great milk supply!
Today I am sharing a recipe for german chocolate overnight oats – dessert for breakfast? Count me in!
Here’s the recipe…
In a bowl mix:
- 1/3 cup dry rolled oats
- 1/2-1 scoop chocolate protein powder (Mommi protein is approved for pregnant and breastfeeding mothers – use ‘LLINK’ for 15% off your order.)
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp coconut extract
- couple drops liquid stevia
*Cover and store in fridge overnight.
The next morning top with:
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened coconut flake
- Chocolate chips (optional – carob chips are vegan option)
- 1 Tbsp chopped almonds or walnuts (optional)
- Eat cold.
(You could even toast the almonds and coconut flakes for a few minutes to add a little bit more crunch.)
Hope you guys enjoy this and please tell me how you like overnight oats! As always I am here to help with my in-person and online breastfeeding video classes! Get started with my ‘Top Ten Tips for Breastfeeding Success‘ here.
I’ve created a free e-mail course to help you get breastfeeding started on the right foot! Click the image below for more info.
Thanks for coming by,
Lindsey Shipley, RN, IBCLC